The Great Malaga Path is a pioneer route in Andalusia, which shows the territorial and environmental variety of the entire province and connects it in a unique journey that stimulates interest in nature and promotes towns in the Province of Málaga.
It also achieves interaction between environment, sports, tourism and job opportunities, and promotes the sustainable development of the entire province.
- 739 kms.
- 35 stages and 3 modifications
- 9 regions
- 57 municipalities.
Moreover, it is a long-distance tour (GR-249) which:
- connects existing trails in the province,
- and connects us with the Mozarabic Camino de Santiago (GR 245),
- as well as with the part of the national and European network of trails, such as the European Grand Tour (GR-92 E-12), which crosses the Mediterranean arc and ends in Greece.
Due to all these facts, the Great Path of Málaga is ....
- A SPORTS infrastructure that makes possible some activities such as rafting, via ferrata, canoeing, mountain biking, climbing and canyoning.
- A PATH that goes through 4 natural parks, 2 nature reserves and 3 natural beauty spots.
- A journey through the CULTURES of the Province of Málaga, which we make by learning about their heritage and traditions.
- A TASTE OF MALAGA, where you can enjoy the unique product which officially obtained this distinction.
- TOURISM with thousands of points of interest thanks to a rich heritage (museums, monuments, cultural centres, archaeological sites, etc.), wonderful nature, ancient traditions, but also catering and accommodation establishments or those which offer tourist information or leisure activities (spas, wine cellars, viewpoints, marinas, golf courses, tourist offices, etc.).
- JOB with opportunities to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
- FIND YOURSELF along different stages of the path which are associated with the state of our body, mind and emotions
- Your Great Path.
A way to get aware of yourself
The Great Málaga Path is also an ideal opportunity to build and develop your personality. We give you the chance to find yourself along different stages of the path which are classified in three categories associated with our body, mind or emotions.
• Body: Stages that mainly require physical effort and skills.
• Mind: Stages associated with mentally stimulating activity and decisions making in natural environment.
• Emotions: Stages along which you can get in touch with nature and get aware of your feelings and thoughts.
We invite you to feel The Great Malaga Path and follow its stages by being active and becoming part of this natural environment, as well as by making your body, mind and emotions work together surrounded by unique scenery.